The View has spent years using ABC's airwaves to attack Trump and smear Republicans.
Ana Navarro decided to cross the line on live TV.
What she said on camera just became Exhibit A in a federal investigation that could end The View for good.
Ana Navarro Endorses Democrats on Air While ABC Fights FCC Over Broadcast Licenses
The View has settled into a predictable route – five women whining about Donald Trump.
Co-host Ana Navarro put on her Team Democrat hat and gave viewers their marching orders.
She looked into the camera and said exactly what the hosts of The View have always believed but were never supposed to say out loud.
"If Americans want this to end, want the abuses of power checked, they have got to vote Democrats in in November. Period."
Just a direct on-air instruction to vote Democrat – broadcast over public airwaves on a network fighting the FCC to keep its broadcast licenses.
Co-host Sunny Hostin didn't push back.
She spent her own airtime calling the moment "a great opportunity for the Democrats" and falsely accusing Republicans of trying to "take away the black vote."
Nobody on set reached for the brakes.
This is what an unregistered Democrat super PAC looks like when it has a studio, a camera crew, and a morning slot inside ABC News – the news division Disney built its broadcast empire on.
The FCC Equal Time Investigation That Could End The View
The timeline matters – because ABC knows exactly how much trouble it's in.
FCC Chairman Brendan Carr opened an enforcement action against The View in February after Socialist Democrat Texas Senate candidate James Talarico appeared on the show without ABC offering equal time to his Republican opponents.
Carr issued letters of inquiry – the agency's version of subpoenas – and put the network on notice.
ABC's answer was to file a petition on May 7 demanding the FCC declare The View a "bona fide news interview program" exempt from equal time rules.
The FCC didn't blink.
Carr ordered all eight ABC-owned stations to file early license renewals by May 28 – stations that weren't due for renewal until 2028.
Carr has already told Fox Business that The View faces an "uphill climb" proving it qualifies as legitimate news programming.
Navarro using the show as a Democrat campaign commercial turned that climb into a wall.
Disney Paid Trump 15 Million Dollars and the FCC Still Came Anyway
This is the same company that paid Donald Trump $15 million in December 2024.
That settlement came after anchor George Stephanopoulos falsely told viewers – ten times on a single broadcast – that Trump had been found "liable for rape."
A claim that has no basis in reality.
Disney CEO Bob Iger wrote the check, issued the public apology, and assumed that bought some goodwill.
It bought nothing.
The FCC investigation into The View launched two months later.
The early license renewal order came last month.
Navarro then handed regulators a clean quote, a timestamp, and a federal license number.
Disney has already produced over 11,000 pages of documents responding to FCC inquiries into its DEI practices – and its broadcast licenses are now under accelerated review on top of that.
ABC News Has Nine Days to Respond to the FCC or Lose Its Broadcast Licenses
The equal time rule doesn't care about intentions.
It doesn't care that The View calls itself a news program.
When a federally licensed broadcaster hands one political party a megaphone, the other side gets equal time – or the broadcaster answers for it.
ABC hasn't offered Republicans equal time on The View. Not once.
Disney can throw Navarro under the bus, issue a statement, and pray Carr moves on.
Or it can stand behind what its hosts said and hand the FCC everything it needs to make an example out of them.
There is no door number three.
The View spent years shrieking about threats to democracy while operating as an unregistered Democrat super PAC with a lighting rig and a live audience.
The FCC noticed.
Sources:
- Nicholas Fondacaro, "The View Demands Votes for Democrats 'If Americans Want This to End,'" NewsBusters, May 18, 2026.
- "FCC Chairman Carr Says 'The View' Faces 'Uphill Climb' Over Equal Time," Fox Business, February 27, 2026.
- "FCC Orders Early Review of Disney Broadcast TV Licenses," Deadline, April 28, 2026.
- "ABC Says Trump's FCC Probe Into 'The View' Threatens to 'Chill Critical Protected Speech,'" Variety, May 9, 2026.
- "Disney's Settlement With Donald Trump: Bob Iger's $16 Million Decision," Variety, December 2024.
